Find a New or Used Motorcycle, ATV, Side-by-Side, Dirt Bike
2019 Yamaha YZ450FX
CUYAHOGA FALLS LOCATION
Power, Tuned To Perfection
Same DNA as the class‑leading YZ450F, with a bigger fuel tank, electric start and power tuner smartphone app that lets you adjust your bike's settings to your specific style and conditions.
- Engine Type: 449cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm × 60.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 12.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Mikuni® fuel injection, 44mm
- Transmission: Constant-mesh wide-ratio 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: 120/80-18
- L x W x H: 85.6 in. x 32.5 in. x 50.0 in.
- Seat Height: 37.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 27.2 deg.
- Trail: 4.6 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 12.6 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.2 gal.
- Wet Weight: 256 lb.
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- GNCC®/Hare Scrambles Focused Racer: All new for 2019, YZ450FX™ is based on Yamaha's flagship motocross model—the YZ450F—with many added features and unique settings that make the YZ450FX the ultimate GNCC®/Woods racer.
- Yamaha Power Tuner App: Yamaha's exclusive Power Tuner app puts the flexibility and precision tunability of the GYTR® Power Tuner into your smartphone. Make fueling and ignition timing changes instantly and upload them to the bike via the onboard WiFi system for the ultimate in track-side tuning.
- Electric Starter System: Utilizing a compact starter motor and ultra-lightweight lithium battery, the YZ450FX maintains the convenience of push-button starting, for effortless restarts under pressure, and relaxed riding when the clock isn't ticking.
- Potent Fuel-Injected Engine: A high-compression cylinder head, forged piston, aggressive cam profiles, cylinder geometry and much more work together to give YZ450FX riders the ideal power spread in challenging GNCC® racing conditions.
- Advanced Alloy Frame: Yamaha's bilateral beam aluminum frame features main spars, FX-specific engine mounts and an engine mounting position that centralizes mass and provides an ideal balance between cornering feel and straight-line confidence.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Yamaha uses KYB® spring-type forks on all of our YZ® models, with industry leading function and easy set-up at the track—these fork are ready for the top step of the podium straight out of the box.
New for 2019 Features
- All-New Cross-Country Racer: For 2019, the new YZ450FX adopts all of the latest upgrades found on the YZ450F motocrosser, including the advanced frame, suspension, engine and electronics—including the Yamaha's exclusive Power Tuner smartphone app—with changes designed specifically for the needs of cross-country competition.
- Rearward-Slanted Cylinder Design: The YZ450FX's distinct rearward-slanted cylinder design - complete with rear exhaust and forward-mounted intake system - features a cylinder head that works with the frame geometry for optimized weight distribution. Inside, the engine features a straight intake tract, aggressive cam profiles, high-compression “box bridge" piston design with DLC-coated piston pin, and more. Finally, the YZ450FX features specific ECU settings to suit the needs of cross-country riders.
- Electric Starter System: The YZ450FX features a compact electric starter system to minimize restart delays on track and add convenience everywhere else. Powered by a high-capacity and ultra-lightweight four-cell lithium-ion battery, the system adds minimal weight.
- Yamaha Power Tuner App: Breaking new ground in the industry - again - Yamaha created the Power Tuner app, which brings the power of the GYTR Power Tuner to your iOS® or Android® device. Using WiFi to connect to the bike's onboard CAN-bus network, the app allows owners to adjust air/fuel mixture and ignition timing maps to tune engine performance for track conditions, record race log information, and monitor a range of data such as maintenance and system diagnosis, engine run time, and more.
- Adjustable Engine Mapping: A handlebar-mounted map switch allows the rider to quickly select between preloaded engine maps—loaded and configured in the Power Tuner app—to account for changing track and weather conditions.
- Advanced Fuel Injection: The engine breathes through a 44mm Mikuni® throttle body fed by a high pressure electric pump to ensure optimum fuel atomization and power for a wide range of riding conditions.
- Robust Transmission and Clutch: The YZF450FX's wide-ratio 5 speed transmission enhances cross-country performance for more flexible gearing selection in open terrain.
- Aluminum Frame: Upper frame bracing provides rigidity and durability, while rear frame spars and cross-country-tuned engine mounts centralize mass for the best possible balance of bump absorption, stiffness and rider feeling.
- Compact Body and Seat Design: The YZ450FX features stylish bodywork from tip to tail, including a large 2.15 gallon, mass-centralized fuel tank, the body design is narrow for more comfortable knee grip and control feeling, while the narrower and lower seat gives the rider additional room to move aboard the machine.
- Class-Leading Suspension: Industry-leading, fully adjustable KYB® coil spring-type fork with speed sensitive damping provides exceptional balance between handling and bump absorption, for race-winning handling performance. The linkage type rear suspension features a KYB® shock with specially-tuned damping characteristics to match the YZ450FX chassis. And for 2019, both front and rears systems feature revised settings for optimal GNCC® performance.
- 270mm Front Brake: Large 270mm front disc brake coupled with aggressive pad material offers outstanding braking performance and machine control, with exceptional stopping power and controllability.
- Cross-Country Wheels and Tires: The YZ450FX features enduro-specific tires for the ideal balance of traction and durability, complete with an 18-inch rear wheel. Each wheel's cross-sectional profile is computer-designed to shave valuable weight without sacrificing durability, too.
- GNCC®-Focused Details: The YZ450FX includes a range of cross-country specific upgrades compared to the YZ450F motocrosser, including a composite engine guard, sealed O-ring chain, fuel level warning indicator and a folding aluminum kickstand.
- Adjustable Handlebar Mounts: The 4-position adjustable handlebar mounts are rubber mounted to improve comfort, reduce handlebar vibration and allow riders to adjust the bar position, while the oversize 1-1/8" handlebar itself is strong but lightweight to centralize overall mass.
- Embedded Graphics: Yamaha's unique embedded graphics are built into the bodywork for extended durability, resisting both peeling and damage.
NOTES:Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models. The riders depicted on this website are professionals, and all of the action was shot on a closed course. At Yamaha, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. Always dress properly for your ride with a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Avoid excessive speeds and never engage in stunt riding. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs; it is illegal and dangerous. Always inspect your Yamaha before riding. Read the Owner's Manual and the product warning labels before operation. Yamaha and the Motorcycle Safety Foundation encourage you to ride safely and respect the environment. For safety and training information, see your dealer or call the MSF at 800.446.9227.
- Engine Type
- Liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 titanium valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 97.0mm × 60.9mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni® fuel injection, 44mm
- Front Suspension
- KYB® Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 12.2-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 270mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- KYB® single shock; fully adjustable, 12.5-in travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic disc, 245mm
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 256 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.2 gal.
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.6 in.
- 4.6 in.
- 27.2 deg.
- Constant-mesh wide-ratio 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)