Find a New or Used Motorcycle, ATV, Side-by-Side, Dirt Bike
2017 Suzuki GSX-S1000F ABS
As much as a GSX-R1000 owns the racetrack, the GSX-S1000F ABS owns the road. Developed using the attributes of the championship winning 2005 – 2008 generation GSX-R1000, this touring-ready sportbike carries the spirit of the Suzuki performance to the street, with shared technology and components packaged into a chassis designed specifically for all-day riding comfort.
It’s more than just an attitude, a spirit, or a lineage though; it’s about performance-packed hard parts evolving from one generation to the next. The GSX-S1000F ABS is powered by a 999cc inline four-cylinder powerplant that’s based on the legendary long-stroke GSX-R1000 engine, which makes for ideal street-riding power and torque curve. Focused on making big power through the low and mid-range, this engine uses a valve-train that’s optimized to deliver street-dominating power.
Equipped with a powerful engine, Suzuki’s Advanced Traction Control System*, a balanced KYB suspension, plus ABS-equipped** Brembo and NISSIN brakes, the GSX-S1000F ABS is a street bike packed with some serious performance. Top that performance off with wild, rugged, and aggressive styling, a wind-cheating fairing and screen, and you have a touring-ready sportbike ready for the open road or corner carving.
With the GSX-S1000F ABS, Suzuki changes motorcycling for the better, again.
- Suzuki presents its newest group of motorcycles with roots from the GSX series; these models move forward in an aggressive new direction with the latest state-of-the-art technology coupled with a sophisticated chassis refined for exceptional rider control and comfort.
- Additional style and rider protection is presented through the GSX-S1000F ABS model’s full fairing and upper windshield. Styled to complement the rest of the chassis and to house an expanded lighting capability, this fairing adds the proper amount of benefits without detracting from the motorcycles other assets.
- Equipped with ABS, the GSX-S1000F ABS bring rider support to a new class of bikes. Suzuki’s efficient ABS system, combined with the motorcycle’s base traction control, produces a motorcycle capable of delivering a great riding experience coupled with a unique level of poise. (*Depending on road surface conditions, such as wet, loose, or uneven roads, braking distance for an ABS-equipped vehicle may be longer than for a vehicle not equipped with ABS. ABS cannot prevent wheel skidding caused by braking while cornering. Please drive carefully and do not overly rely on ABS.)
- 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine based on the legendary GSX-R1000K8 powerplant with a finely tuned fuel injection system that use Suzuki’s innovative SDTV-equipped (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) 44mm throttle bodies.
- The 10-hole, long-nosed fuel injectors on each throttle body aid in creating better combustion efficiency while reducing fuel consumption.
- The 73.4mm x 59.0mm long-stroke engine design helps create a broad spread of power throughout the entire rpm range.
- New camshaft profiles were designed to optimize street performance while maintaining peak, racetrack level performance.
- New pistons, engineered with use of FEM (Finite Element Method) analysis, are cast with optimal rigidity and weight. Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM)-plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase reduce friction and improve heat transfer and durability.
- The GSX-S1000F ABS features Suzuki’s advanced Traction Control System* to let the rider control the throttle with more confidence in various riding conditions. It continuously monitors front and rear wheel speeds, throttle opening, engine speed, and the selected transmission gear to adjust engine output if wheel spin is detected.
- There are four traction control modes (1, 2, 3, and OFF) and the difference between the modes are their sensitivity to road conditions. Mode 1 is lowest sensitivity level most suitable for skilled riders or in conditions that have good road surface grip (sport riding on good, smooth roads). Mode 2 is a moderate sensitivity level that is suitable for most riders or in conditions that have varied road surface grip (city riding, regular road conditions). Mode 3 is highest sensitivity level suitable for road conditions where the grip may be limited (wet or cold surfaces). OFF disengages all traction control features. (*Traction control is not a substitute for rider’s throttle control under the various conditions, and traction control cannot prevent loss of traction due to excessive speed when entering turns or while braking, and it does not control front wheel traction.)
- The 4-2-1 exhaust system contributes to a strong low-to-mid range output with exciting exhaust notes and adrenaline-rushing performance when the engine speed is increased. The Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) system-equipped mid-muffler design enhances style and aids in mass centralization for great chassis balance.
- Angular radiator shrouds efficiently guide cooling air to the new high-capacity curved radiator. Additional heat is removed from the engine via the use of a lightweight and compact liquid-cooled oil cooler.
- The proven six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
- Rack and pinion clutch release and refined shift linkage helps the rider easily and quickly select the best gear for the riding conditions.
- Lightweight and compact chassis is engineered to be agile and fun-to-ride for a wide range of riders. This ability starts with the low-mass rigid aluminum main frame coupled with the strong aluminum-alloy swingarm.
- The new 43mm inverted KYB forks have adjustable compression and rebound damping, and spring pre-load with a generous 120mm (4.7 in) of front wheel travel.
- The rear link-type suspension has a single Showa rear shock that features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS) monitors wheel speed 50 times per wheel rotation and matches stopping power to available traction.
- The ABS-equipped brakes feature 310mm floating-mount dual discs mated to Brembo mono-block front calipers with 4 opposite 32mm pistons provide strong and consistent stopping power.
- TRP 6-spoke lightweight cast aluminum wheels are furnished with Dunlop radial tires (120/70ZR17 front and 180/50ZR17 rear).
- Matte black aluminum Rental Fatbar handlebar is standard equipment offering excellent riding ergonomics with great vibration damping.
- Low seat height of 815mm (32 in) with a sporty, yet upright riding position.
- The lightweight and compact LCD display includes speedometer, tachometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, gear position, coolant temperatures, driving range, average fuel consumption, instantaneous fuel consumption, traction control, ABS, and a clock modes.
- The display also features a white backlight gives great nighttime visibility and is flanked by LED indicators for the turn signals, high beam, malfunction, traction control, ABS, coolant temperature, and oil pressure.
- Iridium spark plugs increase the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to higher power, more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up, and a more stable idle compared to conventional type. These quality components also last longer than conventional spark plugs.
- New easy-start system needs just a simple push of the starter button without pulling the clutch lever if the transmission is in neutral.
- A variety of accessories for the GSX-S1000F ABS will be available from Suzuki Genuine Accessories. See your Suzuki dealer for more information.
- 12-month unlimited mileage, limited warranty* Coverage can be increased via Suzuki Extended Protection*
- Engine: 999cc, four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four
- Bore x Stroke: 73.4 mm x 59.0mm (2.9 in. x 2.3 in.)
- Compression Ratio: 12.2 : 1
- Fuel System: Suzuki fuel injection
- Starter: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive: O-ring type, sealed drive chain
- Suspension Front: Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Suspension Rear: Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Brakes Front: Brembo, disc brake, twin rotor
- Brakes Rear: Disc brake, single rotor
- Tires Front: 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
- Tires Rear: 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 17.0 L (4.5 US gal.)
- Color: Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
- Ignition: Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- Headlight: 12 V 55W x 2
- Tail light: LED
- Overall Length: 2115 mm (83.3 in.)
- Overall Width: 795 mm (31.3 in.)
- Overall Height: 1,180 mm (46.5 in.)
- Wheelbase: 1460 mm (57.4 in.)
- Ground Clearance: 140 mm (5.5 in.)
- Seat Height: 810 mm (31.9 in.)
- Curb Weight: 214 kg (471 lb.) / CA Model: 215 kg (474 lb.)
- Warranty: 12-month, unlimited mileage, limited warranty*
- Extensions: * Extensions available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP)
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, inline-four
- Bore and Stroke
- 2.9 in. x 2.3 in. (73.4 mm x 59.0mm)
- Compression Ratio
- 12.2 : 1
- Fuel System
- Suzuki fuel injection
- Electronic ignition (Transistorized)
- 6-speed constant mesh
- Final Drive
- O-ring type, sealed drive chain
- Front Suspension
- Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped
- Rear Suspension
- Link type, coil spring, oil damped
- Front Brakes
- Brembo, disc brake, twin rotor
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake, single rotor
- Front Tire
- 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless
- Rear Tire
- 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless
- 57.4 in. (1460 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.9 in. (810 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 US gal. (17.0 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 471 lb. (214 kg)
- Metallic Matte Fibroin Gray
- 12-month, unlimited mileage, limited warranty